Message from the Associate Dean
On behalf of the McGill University Faculty of Medicine Office for Continuing Professional Development,
I invite you to join us for the 2018-2019 Thursday Evening Learning Series (TELS) as well as the Wednesday E-Learning Series (WELS). Through the concerted efforts of our dynamic scientific committee and guest faculty, supported by our dedicated administrative staff, we have created a program whose aim is to serve the educational needs of family physicians, other specialists, trainees, and allied health care professionals. Through our varied and stimulating content, including 71 lectures within 12 different disciplines, we seek to fulfil our mission of supporting health care providers in caring for diverse patient populations.
Our courses are designed to fit the learner. For individuals who prefer in-person learning, the TELS course can be attended in person on Thursday evenings. For those who favour the convenience and flexibility of a webinar, TELS can also be viewed live online via our website. The WELS course is accessed exclusively online on Wednesdays at the lunch hour. In an era of rapidly changing medical knowledge, where continuing professional development is crucial for the maintenance of competence and mandatory for licensure, both courses meet the accreditation/certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. As such, participants may claim Mainpro+® or MOC Section 1 credits. I invite you to consult our website for more information.
Whether you are at home, at the office, or on campus, we look forward to your participation. Register today!
Leonora Lalla, MDCM, CCFP, FCFP
Associate Dean, Continuing Professional Development
Faculty of Medicine
SCIENTIFIC PLANNING COMMITTEE:
Leonora Lalla, MD (Chair)
Patrick Ergina, MD,
Joyce Fung, PhD
Ronald Ludman, MD
Rosalba Perrotta, MD
Mohan Radhakrishna, MD
Cyrus Salek, MD
Joe Schwarcz, PhD
MCGILL GUEST FACULTY:
Andrey Cybulsky, MD
Anne-Louise Lafontaine, MD
Christian Pineau, MD
Christine T. McCusker, MD
Claire LeBlanc, MD
Gabriella Gobbi, MD
Jeffrey Minuk, MD
Jennifer Fitzpatrick, MS
Jesse Papenburg, MD
John H. Burgess, MD
Karl Cernovitch, MD
Karl Weiss, MD
Lorraine Bell, MD
Lysanne Campeau, MD
Murray Baron, MD
Murray Kornbluth, MD
Peter Small, MD
Wendy Chiu, MD
William Foulkes, MD
Willis Grad, MD
About the Program
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- demonstrate their competence in a wide variety of family and general practice subjects.
- outline knowledge of new investigations, management strategies and therapies.
- provide practical office-based screening and disease prevention strategies.
This serie meet the accreditation/certification criteria of:
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada (Mainpro+®).
- The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (MOC).
- Le Conseil Québécois de Développement Professionnel Continu des Médecins (CQDPCM): 2016 Code of Ethics for parties involved in Continuing Medical Education.
POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST & COURSE DEVELOPMENT
All CPD educational programs are developed by a Scientific Planning Committee (SPC) and McGill Guest Faculty. Speakers, moderators and SPC members are mandated to disclose to the audience any real or apparent conflict(s) of interest. All decisions about the programs’ content and presenters are made exclusively by the SPC.
- Presentations are delivered in English. Questions may be asked in either English or French.
- Certificates will be provided by the end of each season.
- An additional fee of $45 will be charged for registration on onsite.
- An early bird discount will apply to registrations received or postmarked before August 31, 2018.
- Proof of profession required: McGill Faculty-McGill ID mandatory; Residents-Permit & McGill ID mandatory; Nurses and Other Health Care Professionals. If proof is not submitted, your registration will be cancelled and cancellation fees will apply.
- ** Registrants from the 68th Annual Refresher Course for Family Physicians will receive a 30% discount. Contact CPD office for complete information.
- PAYMENT METHOD:
- Cheque payable to: McGill University.
- Credit card payments are only available online at: http://cpd.mcgill.ca.
- No cash payments permitted.
- Tax receipts will be emailed to you upon registration
- ADDITIONAL FEES & CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY:
- A $30 (+ taxes) fee will be charged for any additional certificates.
- A $10 (+ taxes) fee will be charged for any additional copies of tax receipt.
- An administration fee of $75 will be retained on ALL cancellations.
- McGill CPD reserves the right to change presentations without notice.
- For schedule changes, archived presentations and more, visit our website at http://cpd.mcgill.ca.
Continuing Professional Development
2001 McGill College Avenue, Suite 1310
Montreal, QC, Canada H3A 1G1
Copyright © 2002-2019 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Office,
Faculty of Medicine, McGill University